Home

Saturday, February 13, 2016

Top Ten Romantic Books

To celebrate Valentine's Day, here is a list of my top ten romantic books that I read in the past year!  These are the books that I could never put down, that I continue to think about months later, that I could hardly stop talking about to my bemused friends...

Melanie Dickerson
I adored this retelling of "The Swan Princess" just like I adored all of Melanie Dickerson's fairy tale retellings.  There was so much to like, I cannot name only one thing!

Cassie M. Sheils
This book I could go on and on about.  It was perhaps the funniest book I have read all year, plus the romance was very sweet.  But I must say, that girl had problems with walls!

Jody Hedlund
Three young men and only two months to choose which will be her husband!  Add murder, greed, and scheming, and you have yourself a wonderous book!

Rachelle Rea
What do you do when the man you believe murdered your parents follows you to another country and saves your life?  You couldn't trust him, and you would never, ever think of falling in love with him... right?

Julie Klassen
Moving into a mansion that has been empty for decades with creepy rumors surrounding it... but this protagonist is not scared in the least!  Can she unravel the clues and, maybe, just maybe, find love in the meantime?

Alana Terry
The young couple can never be together - it is too dangerous to love someone when you are a Christian missionary in North Korea, in danger of capture and torture at every moment.  This book was very heartfelt, but also extremely painful.  Be warned!  

Trisha Leigh
If you discovered that your true love - your one perfect match through all of time - was going to die at young, and if you could time travel to save his life, even if there is no chance you can ever be together and all of history could be changed as a result, would you?

Brenda Pandos
One kiss would make them love each other for eternity, no matter whether they even knew each other before.  The only problem is that one of them would have to give up his or her life on land to become a mermaid... Too bad it happened accidentally?

Anna Banks
Another mermaid novel!  Yes, I am obsessed.  But this one is as good as the last, with romance, mystery, danger...

Jen Turano
Those children need a nanny.  They scared away all the others.  Good thing the nanny who scared away all the parents can come to the rescue!  

What are your favorite romantic books from 2015?  Have you read any of the ones on my list?  Are you doing something to celebrate Valentine's Day, and if so, what?

2 comments:

  1. Some of these sound really interesting! I don't usually read period or romance books, but I might have to try some of them out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you will, and I hope you enjoy the ones you try!

      Delete