Home

Friday, February 12, 2016

Update!

Hello!

As you may (or may not) have noticed, I am doing a little bit of updating on the blog.  I added a bio about the blog and myself as the blogger, so if you are interested, take a look at the tabs underneath the title of the blog.  I am planning two more tabs as well - one for review criteria and one for reader reviews, a few of which I wrote about a year ago.  Keep an eye out!

I have also been posting book reviews just about every day for the past week or so.  I am hoping to keep that up for a while.  I have read quite a few fantastic books outside of my free review copies that I think deserve reviews.  I am planning a few other kinds of posts as well, such as reader interviews, less-well-known holidays, journal entries from fairy tale characters, top ten lists, and who knows what else!  Look for more diverse posts, starting tomorrow, even.  I am looking forward to sharing them with you all and I hope you enjoy them.

As for my personal life, well, it has been crazy busy!  In addition to my classes, I have work, and internship, book reviews and blog posts, and a few more things going on.  I am reading, reading reading!  I signed up for probably more review-books than I should have for the next month and a half in addition to having 5 or more books to read for my internship and reading homework for my classes (I get to read the Lord of the Rings Trilogy for homework!).  With all this going on, I think that, by Easter, I will have read more books in a month's time than in a month at any other time in my life!  I have read 1-2 books in a day before, but only when I had the whole day to do it.  This is just going to be crazy!

A week ago, I attended a conference for my internship at a publishing company for historical fiction, called Bagwyn Books.  It was an educational conference focusing on the Medieval and Renaissance time periods, which is the time period most of the books are set in not to mention the fact that many of the authors have masters or doctorate degrees in those time periods.  Let's just say, I felt a little small and pathetic.  But otherwise, it was pretty fun!  I helped sell books at the book stand, met one of the authors (Grace Tiffany, who is in the photo) in person, listened to interesting (and not-so-interesting) lectures about history, and watched some ridiculous skits written over 400 years ago.  I posted a few photos of the conference, if you are interested.



Last I attended Friends of the Pen, a writing club I am trying to attend more often.  We were working on a several week long prompt that involves writing the same scene from 3-5 different characters' perspectives.  Instead of inventing my own plot (partly because I missed the week before) I chose a scene from one of my favorite fairy tales to write about.  I had been thinking of this particular scene for, well, years, really, and am super excited about how it is turning out!  Perhaps I will share it here eventually, who knows?

Lastly, I have to thank God for all the blessings and opportunities He has given me.  He practically dropped the internship into my lap, not to mention the opportunities I heard about last night - to work on an online magazine and to voice a character in an audiobook (a book written by another student here and a friend of mine!).  I do not know how I will find time for those things and I do not know whether I will be chosen to do them when I apply/audition.  But I know God is great for opening the pathway for me to do the things I love and further my goals for a future profession, and I am so very grateful for it!

How has your life been these past weeks?  Do you have any suggestions for types of posts you would like to see?

No comments:

Post a Comment