Like most other bookworms, great books make their way onto my "things I'm thankful for" list every year. It's hard to choose favorites, but I went ahead and picked five books I read in 2015 and am thankful for.
- A Time to Die by Nadine Brandes: I could go on and on about the things I love about this book. I am thankful for the things it taught me.
- Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan: This book (and series) helped me relate better with my young cousin, since this is her favorite book. I coincidentally found myself reading it when she came to visit and was able to "fangirl" about it with her.
- Draven's Light by Anne Elisabeth Stengl: I am grateful for the depth that Anne Elisabeth puts into all her books, including this, her newest novella. It made me think and grow as a person and a Christian.
- The Resistance by Jaye L. Knight: I can't write everything I loved about this book in such a short space. One thing I am grateful for, though, was that it helped me empathize with others a little bit more.
- The Royal Spy by Cassie Shiels: This is the funniest book I have read all year. I am grateful for the way it made me laugh.
What awesome reads of 2015 are you grateful for? What books are you looking forward to reading in 2016?